Adds a 30% premium to the subsequent visit code. Only applies to codes C122, C123, C124, C142, C143, C882 or C982.
1. E083 is only eligible for payment once per patient per day.
2. E083 is only eligible for payment:
a. if the physician establishes that he or she does not receive any direct or indirect remuneration from a hospital or hospital foundation for rendering in-patient clinical services; or
b. where the physician receives any direct or indirect remuneration from a hospital or hospital foundation for rendering in patient clinical services, if the physician establishes that such remuneration has been reduced by an amount equal to the amount that would be eligible for payment to the physician had he or she not received any such direct or indirect remuneration.
3. E083 is not eligible for payment for palliative care visits to patients in designated palliative care beds in Long-Term Care Institutions.
4. E083 is not applicable to any other service or premium.
1. E083 is only eligible for payment with subsequent visits and palliative care visits rendered by the MRP.
2. Examples of subsequent visits eligible for payment with E083 are C002, C007, C009, C132, C137, C139, C032, C037 or C039.
3. E083 is not eligible for payment with C121 additional visits for intercurrent illness.