The fee codes for the A GP for Me, also known as the Attachment initiative, will be available to all family doctors who submit the MSP fee G14070 ‘GP Attachment Participation Code’, a zero-sum amount, at the beginning of each calendar year. This will in turn open the door to the new Attachment initiative suite of fees. Billing the zero sum fee code signifies that:
• You are providing full-service family practice services to your patients, and will continue to do so for the duration of that calendar year.
• You are confirming your doctor-patient relationship with your existing patients through a standardized conversation or ‘compact’. Refer to A GP for Me –Frequently asked questions Q6 for details.
• You have contacted your local division of family practice to share your contact information and to indicate your desire to participate in the community-level Attachment initiative as you are able. Refer to A GP for Me –Frequently asked questions Q20 and Q21 for more information.
Prior to submitting the GP Attachment Participation Code, each participating family physician must register their intent to participate in A GP for Me with their local division, even if he/she is not a member of that local division. This will assist the local division to understand how many doctors in their area are prepared to support Attachment initiative efforts. Division contacts are available online at www.divisionsbc.ca.
The standardized wording of the Family Physician-Patient ‘Compact’ was developed in consultation with the physicians of the three Attachment prototype communities and in consultation with members of the Patient Voices Network. The compact states:
As your family doctor I, along with my practice team, agree to:
• Provide you with the best care that I can
• Coordinate any specialty care you may need
• Offer you timely access to care, to the best of my ability
• Maintain an ongoing record of your health
• Keep you updated on any changes to services offered at my clinic
• Communicate with you honestly and openly so we can best address your health care needs
As my patient I ask that you:
• Seek your health care from me and my team whenever possible and, in my absence, through my colleague(s), xxxxxx
• Name me as your family doctor if you have to visit an emergency facility or another provider
• Communicate with me honestly and openly so we can best address your health care needs
The Attachment incentives are available for BC residents only; reciprocal are excluded. Rural retention premiums do not apply.
Payable only to Family Physicians who have successfully submitted the GP Attachment Participation Code G14070 on the same or a prior date in the same calendar year.
Telephone Management requires a clinical telephone discussion between the patient or the patient’s medical representative and physician or College-certified allied health professionals working within the eligible physician office.
iii) Chart entry must record the name of the person who communicated with the patient or patient’s medical representative, as well as capture the elements of care discussed.
iv) Not payable for simple prescription renewals, notification of office or laboratory appointments or of referrals.
v) Payable to a maximum of 1500 services per physician per calendar year.
vi) G14077 GP Attachment Patient Conference Fee payable for same patient on same day if all criteria are met. Time spent on telephone with patient under this fee does not count toward the time requirement for the G14077.
vii) Not payable on the same calendar day as a visit or service fee by same physician for same patient with the exception of G14077.
viii) Not payable on the same calendar day as the GP Telephone/e-mail fee G14079.
ix) G14015 Facility Patient Conference Fee, G14016 Community Patient Conference Fee and G14017 Acute Care Discharge Planning Fee not payable in addition, as these fees not payable to FPs who have submitted the GP Attachment Participation Code. Instead, these physicians should use G14077 GP Attachment Conference Fee.
x) Not payable to physicians who are employed by or who are under contract to a facility and whose duties would otherwise include provision of this care.
xi) Not payable to physicians working under salary, service contract or sessional arrangements whose duties would otherwise include provision of this care.