The fee codes for the A GP for Me, also known as the Attachment initiative, will be available to all family doctors who submit the MSP fee G14070 ‘GP Attachment Participation Code’, a zero-sum amount, at the beginning of each calendar year. This will in turn open the door to the new Attachment initiative suite of fees. Billing the zero sum fee code signifies that:
• You are providing full-service family practice services to your patients, and will continue to do so for the duration of that calendar year.
• You are confirming your doctor-patient relationship with your existing patients through a standardized conversation or ‘compact’. Refer to A GP for Me –Frequently asked questions Q6 for details.
• You have contacted your local division of family practice to share your contact information and to indicate your desire to participate in the community-level Attachment initiative as you are able. Refer to A GP for Me –Frequently asked questions Q20 and Q21 for more information.
Prior to submitting the GP Attachment Participation Code, each participating family physician must register their intent to participate in A GP for Me with their local division, even if he/she is not a member of that local division. This will assist the local division to understand how many doctors in their area are prepared to support Attachment initiative efforts. Division contacts are available online at www.divisionsbc.ca.
The standardized wording of the Family Physician-Patient ‘Compact’ was developed in consultation with the physicians of the three Attachment prototype communities and in consultation with members of the Patient Voices Network. The compact states:
As your family doctor I, along with my practice team, agree to:
• Provide you with the best care that I can
• Coordinate any specialty care you may need
• Offer you timely access to care, to the best of my ability
• Maintain an ongoing record of your health
• Keep you updated on any changes to services offered at my clinic
• Communicate with you honestly and openly so we can best address your health care needs
As my patient I ask that you:
• Seek your health care from me and my team whenever possible and, in my absence, through my colleague(s), xxxxxx
• Name me as your family doctor if you have to visit an emergency facility or another provider
• Communicate with me honestly and openly so we can best address your health care needs
The Attachment incentives are available for BC residents only; reciprocal are excluded. Rural retention premiums do not apply.
The GP Attachment Participation Code should be submitted at the beginning of each calendar year by Family Physicians (FP)’s who choose to participate in the GPSC Attachment Initiative.
Once successfully processed by MSP, the FP may access the “Attachment participation” incentives (G14074, G14075, G14076, G14077).
Submit fee item G14070 GP Attachment Participation Code using the following “Patient” demographic information:
Patient Surname: Participation
First name: Attachment
Date of Birth: January 1, 2013
ICD9 code: 780
Bill once per calendar year to confirm participation in the Attachment initiative.
ii) Not payable to any physician who has billed and been paid for any specialist consultation in the previous 12 months.
iii) Not payable to physicians who are employed by or who are under contract to a facility and whose duties would otherwise include provision of this care.
iv) Not payable to physicians working under salary, service contract or sessional arrangements whose duties would otherwise include provision of this care.