In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, temporary fee codes H409 and H410 are being extended to September 30, 2021. For details on changes to the Schedule of Benefits for Physician Services, refer to bulletins 4745 and 4747.
COVID-19 sessional fee codes
H409 is payable $170 and eligible per hour (or major part thereof)
H410 is payable $220 and eligible per hour (or major part thereof) on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or Monday-Friday after hours (5PM-7AM)
H409 and H410 apply to COVID-19-related services that are:
- Provided at COVID-19 Assessment Centres in agreement with Ontario Health
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) services provided at Long-Terms Care Homes (LTCHs) or Congregate Care Settings (CCS) and need a hospital-coordinated IPAC response
- Provided at LTCHs or CCSs that need an Assessment Centre coordinated response
- IPAC services OR COVID-19-related testing services provided at LTCHs, CCSs, or other institutional settings that need an Ontario Health Region or a LHIN-coordinated response
- Clinical care services provided at LTCHs or CCSs that need hospital-coordinated clinical support
- Provided at vaccination sites organized by a hospital or a public health unit (PHU), including COVID-19 vaccination planning, administrative, or leadership services if a hospital or by a public health unit in charge of organizing one or more COVID-19 vaccination sites ask for them. Check out INFOBulletin 210204 for more information about physician remuneration for COVID-19 vaccination services
For more information, check out the Health Insurance Act, Regulation 552 at ontario.ca/laws. Being up to date with the latest fee codes will make billing a quicker, more efficient process for you and your staff. If you have any questions about these updates, feel free to reach out to our team.
“This article offers general information only and is not intended as legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. While information presented is believed to be factual and current, its accuracy is not guaranteed and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the author(s) as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by RBC Ventures Inc. or its affiliates.”