1. Who is Dr.Bill?Dr.Bill is a secure mobile medical billing software solution for physicians working in Ontario, B.C. and Alberta. We’ve modernized medical billing to eliminate time-consuming paperwork, code lookups and manual data entry. With Dr.Bill in your pocket, you can see patients and bill throughout the day quickly and easily. Behind the scenes, we are a team of more than 60 people you can rely on to provide billing support when you need it, stay connected to Ministry guidelines and constantly improve Dr.Bill to work harder for you.
2. How does your medical billing software work?Dr.Bill gives you the freedom to bill securely from your smartphone in seconds—without the need to memorize thousands of billing codes and rules. Simply use our iOS or Android App to snap a picture of your patient label, and tap drop-down menus to enter the details of your claim. It’s that simple. Physicians who have admin support or who would rather do all billing at the end of the day may prefer to use the desktop version of Dr.Bill. When you choose our Full-Serve plan, Dr.Bill will also remedy and resubmit rejected claims on your behalf to ensure you’re getting paid accurately for your work. Watch our 1-minute walkthrough for a closer look at how Dr.Bill works: https://drbill.wistia.com/medias/wwktv044dp?embedType=async&videoFoam=true&videoWidth=640
3. How much does medical billing software cost?Dr.Bill has no upfront cost, no minimum use commitment and no cancellation fees. You simply pay a small per-claim percentage on successfully paid claims. That means we only get paid if you do! You can also try Dr.Bill FREE for 45 days* on our Full-Serve plan. No need to provide a credit card—we want to make sure you love using Dr.Bill before you commit. Following your free trial, choose between two pricing plans with the option to switch at any time.
4. Does Dr.Bill support my specialty?Yes! No matter what your specialty is, you’ll find billing fast and easy with Dr.Bill:
- Physicians with specialties that don’t offer a “home base” office (who travel to multiple locations or from patient to patient in a hospital setting, for instance) enjoy the portability of Dr.Bill because their billing moves with them.
- Physicians with specialties that allow them to work primarily from an office appreciate that they can toggle seamlessly between the app and desktop web version of Dr.Bill.
- Locum tenens physicians can keep billing all in one place, rather than switching from system to system with each new contract.
5. Is Dr.Bill hard to learn?Dr.Bill is so easy to use, you can start billing successfully right away—with drop-down menus that guide you through claims intuitively. Our Customer Success Team can also provide a guided tour through our platform. Once you’ve saved your favourite settings and have a few claims under your belt, you’ll be submitting claims in 30 seconds! When questions do come up, our team of province-specific billing experts can answer them for you via in-app chat. Robust technology plus unlimited human support not only help you breeze through billing, it’s a combination that gives you confidence that you’re billing all the codes that apply for every visit or procedure—and therefore getting paid accurately. Want to learn more about the basics of medical billing in your province? Our Ultimate Billing Guides are a great way to get an overview:
6. How does Dr.Bill keep data secure?The security and privacy of patient and physician data is vital. Dr.Bill employs bank-grade security and all data is stored in Canada. Only employees who require access to health information to facilitate Dr.Bill services can access the patient information collected through Dr.Bill’s services. We have strict privacy policies, keep detailed access logs, conduct regular audits and use secure encryption to protect the information. If you use the Dr.Bill app and happen to lose your phone, don’t worry. Contact us and we can block access to the app and get you set up securely again. Learn more about our commitment to the privacy of our physicians and their patients.
7. How does Dr.Bill manage rejected claims?Our top priority is to ensure you’re paid accurately for your work. If you’re on our Full-Serve plan, we’ll automatically correct and resubmit rejected and refused claims on your behalf. If we require further information from you to correct a claim, we’ll reach out to you for clarification first before resubmitting your revised claim. When we need your input, you’ll see a notification from us under “Billing Issues” on the top right of the app. With Dr.Bill, you can always see the dollar value of your successful claims, along with the value and status of claims we’re working on recovering for you.
8. How do I track and receive my payments?Tracking Your Claims How much you’re earning should never be a mystery. Dr.Bill keeps you connected to your income at all times with your paid and pending claims available in real time. Rich reporting features make it easy to dig deeper into your claims at any time. Receiving Ministry Payments Dr.Bill submits your claims daily and you get paid directly through your Ministry of Health via cheque or direct deposit. Ministry payments occur weekly in Alberta, twice monthly in B.C. and once monthly in Ontario.
9. Can Dr.Bill help with Ministry registration paperwork?We are seasoned experts in helping you complete the right documentation and connect your credentials to your province’s Ministry of Health (and other agencies such as Worker’ Compensation and Telehealth). Typical Ministry connection times vary by province:
|Ontario (OHIP)||1-2 business days|
|B.C. (MSP)||7-10 business days|
|Alberta (AHCIP)||10-14 business days|