Dr.Bill, a part of RBC Medical Billing Inc., and MDBilling.ca, are both a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and an affiliate of RBCx. (previously named RBC Ventures). RBCx’s main objective is to move beyond banking to solve problems for Canadians, like making it easier for physicians to quickly and efficiently bill provincial health authorities for the services they provide their patients. You can learn more about what we do, as well as our other solutions, at rbcx.com.
We take the privacy of Dr.Bill and MDBilling.ca users and their patients very seriously, and we’re committed to being transparent and explicit about user consent. However, because of Dr.Bill and MDBilling.ca affiliation with RBC, you may have questions about your privacy and the privacy of your patients. Take a look at the FAQs below to see if the answers are there. If not, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- For information about Dr.Bill’s privacy practices please see the Privacy section of our Terms and Conditions.
- For information about MDBilling.ca’s privacy practices please see the Privacy section of our Terms and Conditions.
Your and Your Patients’ Privacy
Who can access patient health information I submit to Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca?
- Only employees who require access to health information to facilitate Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca services can access the patient information collected through Dr.Bill’s or MDBilling.ca services. We have strict privacy policies, keep detailed access logs, conduct regular audits, and use secure encryption to protect the information.
Who can access my personal and commercial data collected by Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca?
- Only employees who require access to a user’s personal and commercial data to fulfill the requirements of their jobs (for example, to determine a user’s eligibility for products and services) can access the personal and commercial data collected through Dr.Bill’s or MDBilling.ca services. We have strict privacy policies, keep detailed access logs, conduct regular audits, and use secure encryption to protect the information.
Does Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca share patient health information with other RBC companies or third parties?
- No. Any patient health information collected through Dr.Bill’s or MDBilling.ca services are not combined with other user data or RBC data. In addition, patient information will not be shared or communicated with third-party companies.
How is patient health information stored? How long is it stored?
- All patient health information is encrypted and stored on private and secure RBC-owned servers. Dr.Bill and MDBilling.ca store patient health information as required by provincial and federal law.
What does Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca do with the patient health information it collects?
- Dr.Bill and MDBilling.ca use patient health information solely to provide billing services; specifically to conduct billing fulfillment activities, private billing invoicing, health card validation, and reporting services.
RBC is a bank so why did it acquire Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca?
- RBC is committed to helping our clients thrive, offering solutions beyond banking to support our clients’ needs. RBC offers Dr.Bill and MDBilling.ca services as part of its suite of solutions created to support healthcare professionals and improve their practice. For healthcare professionals who are Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca users but who aren’t RBC banking clients, we hope that offering valuable services like those provided by Dr.Bill or MDBilling.ca, will help RBC earn their banking business.