As of August 1st, 2021, the MSP Payment Schedule has expanded General Preamble D.2.1. If you work as a podiatrist, this information pertains to you.
Podiatrists can now refer for orthopaedic consultations.
2. 2. 1. General
When a patient’s case is complex, obscure, or serious, a medical practitioner or health care practitioner* may request another medical practitioner’s opinion because of their professional knowledge and competency in the field. This request for opinion constitutes a consultation.
*A health care practitioner refers to any one of the following:
- chiropractor, for orthopaedic consultations;
- midwife, for obstetric or neonatal consultations;
- nurse practitioner;
- optometrist, for ophthalmology consultations;
- optometrist, for neurology consultations for suspected optic neuritis or amaurosis fugax or anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) or stroke or diplopia;
- oral/dental surgeon, for diseases of mastication;
- registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse, for addiction medicine or psychiatry consultations for substance use conditions;
- podiatrist, for orthopaedic consultations;
If you work as a podiatrist, this will allow you to better serve your patients and provide them with the best care possible. If you have any questions about this amendment, please don’t hesitate to reach our team for support.
This article offers general information only and is not intended as legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. While information presented is believed to be factual and current, its accuracy is not guaranteed and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the author(s) as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by RBC Ventures Inc. or its affiliates.
Add Claims in Seconds
Our software helps you save time, collaborate with ease and get expert support.