In May’s issue of the Better Billing Newsletter we went over common mistakes when billing consults & visits, an important billing reminder, and some new MSP fee codes. So, in case you missed it, here it is again:
Billing Tips: Avoid these Common Mistakes for Consults/Visits:
- Don’t bill more than 3 Directive care codes in a week.
- Don’t forget to leave a note for multiple visits on the same day (otherwise MSP will think it’s a duplicate claim).
- Don’t log ‘out of office premiums’ on Emergency visits as these fee codes are designed to include your call out and thus are already included in the fee.
Billing Reminder:Conferencing calls are not applicable across provinces, as MSP currently has no reciprocal agreements when speaking to physicians who are not working in BC (this includes psyche family counselling).
New Fee CodesMSP introduced new fee codes for cardiology and plastic surgery.
1. Rural LocationsOn the iPhone app you can now set a rural location on each claim. This will help make sure you always qualify for rural premiums.
2. Shared ClaimsIf you haven’t heard already, you can now share claim details for your phone calls and patient conferences with all participating colleagues. You can do this on your iPhone or on the Web App.
- Check out the latest ‘ this week IN THE JOURNALS,’ to take a shallow dive into recently released articles that should be on your radar...
Online Webinars with Accreditation
- Online, anytime, anywhere: Addiction Care and Treatment Course (15 Mainpro + 1 MOC Section 3)
PodcastsThis month's suggestions: Sudoku seizures: A 25-year-old man is in a rehab hospital following a hypoxic brain injury he sustained in a skiing accident. Several weeks into his recovery, he begins to experience clonic seizures of his left arm from one unusual trigger: Sudoku... Part I of III: Dangers of poor sleep, Alzheimer’s risk, mental health, memory consolidation, and more: "I think that sleep may be one of the most significant lifestyle factors that determines your risk ratio for Alzheimer's disease." — Matthew Walker, Ph.D.
News Around the Nation ...
- Walking without pain: How a new surgical procedure is giving hope to some amputees
- Apple confirms ECG app for smartwatch coming to Canada but timing isn’t known
- Ontario premier’s unprecedented partisan attack on public health worries health experts
- British Columbia to be first province to force patients to switch from biologics to less expensive biosimilar drugs
Looking for more tutorials, tips and suggestions? Send us an email and let us know what you'd like to see in the next Better Billing Newsletter!
This article offers general information only and is not intended as legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. While information presented is believed to be factual and current, its accuracy is not guaranteed and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the author(s) as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by RBC Ventures Inc. or its affiliates.