The start of 2017 will see some new changes to MSP premiums in BC. As of January 1st, per the Ministry of Health:
- There will be no premiums for children under 19 years of age.
- MSP premium rates will be determined by the number of adults on an MSP account (the MSP account holder and, if applicable, a spouse).
- The MSP premium rate for two adults will be twice the amount of the single adult rate.
- Full Regular Premium Assistance will be available to those whose adjusted net income is $24,000 or less (an increase from the current $22,000).
- Premium Assistance will be available to those whose adjusted net income is up to $42,000 (an increase from the current $30,000).
- You can view the
2016 premium rates and
2017 premium rates on the MSP Premiums page.