Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Manager Software Development – RBCx Ventures (Dr. Bill) – Remote- Canada
This role is 100% remote in Canada only
RBCx powers bold ideas, founders, and technology companies. We know building great businesses takes more than just capital, which is why our four pillars –Banking, Capital, Platform, and Ventures –– combine to make us the go-to backer of Canadian innovation. We use our deep expertise to provide holistic support to businesses of all sizes and stages, and leverage RBC’s extensive experience, networks, and capital to solve tomorrow’s big problems.
About Dr. Bill
Dr. Bill is an RBCx Ventures company that is working to take the pain out of medical billing and get doctors paid accurately. We are a high-growth company that currently serves 3,000+ doctors across 3 provinces. You’ll join as an employee of RBC and get all the perks of working for a big company, but with a start-up mindset and the agility to move quickly.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team of skilled Ruby developers and ship high-quality code based on product requirements
- Contribute to the architectural design of key components of the Rails application
- Lead & participate in code reviews, architectural planning, and delivery meetings
- Provide leadership and expert counsel in establishing and implementing standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Effectively contribute suggestions and new ideas to improve our platform.
- Design, develop, maintain and deploy well-tested services
- Assume the role of Technical Lead, and closely partner with the Product Lead to deliver product and infrastructure changes
- Write high-quality, well-tested code while understanding business needs
What do you need to succeed?
- 4+ years of solid hands-on programming experience, with a focus on Ruby on Rails applications, relational databases, and supporting apps within a public cloud environment
- 2+ years of leading, managing or mentoring technical teams
- Experience working with and setting up modern software development best practices (source control, automated testing, CI/CD pipelines, Docker)
- Experience supporting mission-critical production systems and embedding monitoring and observability tools to support a scaling app
- You’re a team player, and enjoy collaborating with the product, design, and engineering teams to solve problems
- You learn new concepts quickly (industry, business, and technical)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You care deeply about application security and understand the importance of protecting sensitive user data
- Familiarity with the security landscape and adhering to security best practices when building applications
- Familiarity with Rust, Python
- Post-secondary degree in a computer science-related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Open API Specification
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.