Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Director Software Development-RBCx Ventures (Dr. Bill), Remote-Canada
This role is 100% remote in Canada only
RBCx powers bold ideas, founders, and technology companies. We know building great businesses takes more than just capital, which is why our four pillars –Banking, Capital, Platform, and Ventures – combine to make us the go-to backer of Canadian innovation. We use our deep expertise to provide holistic support to businesses of all sizes and stages, and leverage RBC’s extensive experience, networks, and capital to solve tomorrow’s big problems.
About Dr. Bill
Dr. Bill is an RBCx Ventures company that is working to take the pain out of medical billing and get doctors paid accurately. We are a high-growth company that currently serves 3,000+ doctors across 3 provinces. You’ll join as an employee of RBC and get all the perks of working for a big company, but with a start-up mindset and the agility to move quickly.
What will you do?
- Manage Technology leaders across multiple teams focused on the modernization and growth of our platforms
- Partner closely with leaders within the Product, Security ,Risk and Governance teams
- Provide leadership and expert counsel in establishing and implementing standards, guidelines and best practices
- Manage day to day operation of our platforms and ensure minimal service disruption
What do you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of industry experience building quality software
- 8+ years of coaching and mentoring high-performance software engineering teams
- Experience building and deploying solutions to public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with security and risk governance in a regulatory environment
- Experience in managing budgets and resourcing
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Experience in executive-level communications
- Experience in dealing with production incidents and driving them to successful closure
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to guide and inspire your team and those around you
- You’re a creative problem-solver, outcome-focused and passionate about building software products and taking ownership
- Ability to understand complex systems and applications with a keen eye for details
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple teams to meet deadlines
Nice to Have:
- Experience with compliance standards, eg ISO 27001 or SOC 2
- Experience with iOS and or Android development
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core, MSSQL
- Experience with Windows Server 2019
- Experience with databases and data structures
- Experience with ORM Solutions (i.e. Entity Framework/NHibernate)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer or design related program
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.